Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Proposal Cake

Happy Sunday!   

Obviously I make a lot of wedding cakes, but this time, I got to make a pre-wedding cake!  When Brian proposed to my friend Michelle, I designed my first-ever proposal cake!

It was so much fun to be in on the surprise.  But, boy was it tough too….I couldn’t tell anyone!

I sketched out a few ideas in different styles and colors so Brian could pick out exactly what he wanted.











We eventually decided on the black, white, and pink design – feminine and sophisticated…as Brian said, “Just like Michelle” :)


Michelle works in food service and I wanted her to be impressed with the flavors, so we went with a dark chocolate cake filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, and frosted with vanilla buttercream....the combination was great!

They have an inside joke about the Great White Buffalo, so I sculpted a small white buffalo out of fondant and added it to the cake along with the hot pink fondant roses.



  Congratulations to the happy couple!





No comments:

Post a Comment