Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Roller Skate Cake II

Happy Sunday!  This week, I'm sharing another roller skate cake that I made recently.  It was inspired by the one I did about a year ago....maybe I'll do one next February too!


Since I don't have a cake pan or mold or anything that I use, each one of my cakes turns out a little differently, even when I copying a former design.  So, my cakes are truly one-of-a-kind!


I carved the basic shape of the shoe and the base out of a sheet cake.  Then I frosted it with chocolate buttercream, and covered it with fondant.


All the details of the skate, like "stitches", patterns in the "fabric", and laces were then pressed in by hand...and there were a lot!
.  


I painted parts of the skate with edible food coloring to give them some extra dimension.   




Lastly, I added the wheels and stopper....all shaped out of colored fondant.  So everything you see is completely edible and made by hand!




Even the laces and the "wood" board!



The birthday girl was the cutest six year old!  She was so excited when she saw the cake and said, "it was the best birthday cake ever!"  

Tune in next week for photos and recipes from a recent wedding I catered!

No comments:

Post a Comment