Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

12 Days of Recipes ~ Day 8: Spinach Puffs

Happy New Year!  I can't believe I'm starting my second year of blogging!  2011 was so much more successful than I ever imagined when I first started Creative Crumbs last January.   I have truly loved sharing my dream with all of you!  


I'm excited to keep going in 2012!  In addition to cakes, I'll be adding more step-by-step recipes, as well as some restaurant reviews for those of you here in Nashville.


After a break to celebrate the new year with friends and family, I'm back to finish my 12 Days of Recipes!  Since everyone seems to be trying to eat healthier this time of year, today's recipe is a better option for appetizers.  It even has spinach it in for goodness sake!  But, don't worry, you won't sacrifice taste on this one; I always get rave reviews.  At one wedding I catered, the Father-of-the-bride got seconds, maybe thirds, of these spinach puffs...after explicitly telling me he never eats wedding food!  Never say never :)


Another great thing about this recipe is that the puffs can be frozen after they are shaped, then baked as needed.  





Spinach Puffs
makes 5 dozen
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. blue cheese salad dressing
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Refrigerate overnight.  Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes until puffed and browned.  Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment