Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Meredith and Miles ~ Real Nashville Wedding

Hello world!  I’m finally back to blogging…wow, there have been so many exciting things going on at Creative Crumbs lately! 

I’m so happy to share Meredith and Miles’ beautiful June wedding.  I have known Meredith for several years, and it is always so special to create cakes for my friends. Plus Meredith and Miles (and Meredith's mom, Jeni) are some of the nicest people I have ever met!  I mean, really, look at those smiles! 

Photo by John Gentry Photography

Meredith wanted something simple, but fresh and contemporary.  Designing a cake with her was so much fun!  We eventually decided on a tall slender cake with soft swirls of buttercream, decorated with a few fresh peonies to match her bouquet.   The result was stunning!

Miles is a big UK fan, but he and Meredith didn't want a fondant-covered groom's cake either, so we designed a buttercream cake with a KY Wildcat on top.  I don't use sugar paper for any of my designs, so I hand painted the wildcat logo...it takes a little more time, but the results are worth it!  


Though I've lived in Tennessee most of my life, and consider myself a Nashville girl, I was actually born in KY.  My grandmother is a HUGE Kentucky basketball fan, so I can't wait to show her pictures on my next visit!

Congratulations to Meredith and Miles!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day!  Blessings on your marriage!
~Abby


Cake flavors:
Wedding cake: Almond cake with almond buttercream
Groom's cake: Chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream

Wedding Pros for this event:
Venue: Hillsboro Church of Christ

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work as usual! I love the soft romantic texture on the cake... stunning. <3

    ReplyDelete