Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Catering a Wedding

Happy Sunday!  This week I’m deviating from my usually cake features to share some pictures from a recent wedding I catered.  I mainly enjoy decorating cakes, but I occasionally get to prepare the food for events too!  It’s a nice change of pace from just baking and decorating.

I had such a great time working with Michelle Street and her parents!  They were absolutely the sweetest family and the event was a huge success.  The wedding ceremony was held at Scarritt Bennett and the reception was at Crieve Hall Church of Christ.  The bride’s colors were deep purple, burnt orange, and celery green – a beautiful combination for an early fall wedding.


 The delicious menu also had an autumn feel to it as well:

Pork Tenderloin with Yeast Rolls and Poppyseed Mustard

Apple and Red Cabbage Salad

Stuffed Zucchini Bites, Spinach Puffs, and Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Tortilla Chips

The Roasted Red Pepper dip was so popular!  So, just as a bonus, here’s the recipe!
7 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
6 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cups mayonnaise
1 tbsp minced onion
1 head garlic, roasted

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small baking dish, mix the roasted red peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic and Dijon-style mustard.
3. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.


In addition to tea and water, the bride’s family also chose Spiced Apple Cider … oh so yummy!

I received such a sweet note from the bride and groom after the wedding,
“Abby, 
Where do I start?!?  The food was incredibly delicious!  I only got a few bites, but it so SO good!  We received so many complements!  We really appreciate your hard work, and for helping us making our day special! Thank you!
~ Michelle and Chris"

And that is why I do what I do!

1 comment: